Here are things you need to know about Tom Cruise Net Worth 2019. In case you are just visiting this site for the first time, we all at Success Owl welcomes you.
I’m Gospel, I will walk you through all you need to know about Tom Cruise net worth, lifestyle, career, how he made his money. I will also share with you some of Tom Cruise Popular quotes.
Tom Cruise’s lifestyle teaches us a lot of things, stay tuned and allow me to walk you through all you need to know about Tom Cruise’s career.
|Net Worth:||$570 Million|
|DOB (Age):||July 3, 1962 (57)|
|Nationality:||United States of America|
Who is Tom Cruise?
This question has been raised severally asking who is Tom Cruise, Well, you are not far from getting the answer.
Thomas Cruise Mapother IV, popularly known as “Tom Cruise” is an American Actor and equally a film Producer. He was born on 3rd July 1962. He received several accolades for his work, including three Golden Globe Awards and nominations for three Oscars.
Cruise is one of the highest-paid actors in the world. His films have raised more than $4 billion in North America and more than $10.1 billion worldwide, making him one of the highest-grossing box-office stars of all time of American cinema.
Cruise has been married to actresses Mimi Rogers, Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes. He has three children, two of whom were adopted during his marriage to Kidman and the other is a biological daughter he had with Holmes.
Cruise is a strong advocate for the Church of Scientology and its associated social programs and credits it for helping to defeat dyslexia. In the 2000s, this provoked controversy with his critics affiliated with the Church of Psychiatry and Antidepressant Drugs, his efforts to promote Scientology as a religion in Europe and a video interview with which he had promoted the Scientology.
Tom Cruise Early Life
Thomas “Tom” Cruise Mapother IV was born in Syracuse, New York, on July 3, 1962. Cruise is the son of Thomas Cruise Mapother III (1934–1984), an electrical engineer, and Mary Lee (1936–2017), a special education teacher, both originally from Louisville, Kentucky. He is of German, Irish and English origin and has spent most of his childhood in Canada.
Cruise grew up in near poverty and had a Catholic education. Cruise described his father as “a merchant of chaos”, a “thug” and a “coward” who beat him.
As for his father, Cruise once said, “He was the kind of person where, if something goes wrong, they kick you. It was a big lesson in my life: how he’d lull you in, make you feel safe and then, bang! For me, it was like, ‘There’s something wrong with this guy. Don’t trust him. Be careful around him.'”
Later, Cruise attended the Franciscan Seminary and in Ohio, and his parents divorced at the same time. In his last year, he played football. Cruise made his appearance in 1981 playing in the movie “Endless Love”.
Tom Cruise Career
We can’t talk about Tom Cruise Net Worth without discussing his career.
At the age of 18, with the blessing of his mother and father-in-law, Cruise moved to New York to pursue an acting career. After working as a bus assistant in New York, Cruise travelled to Los Angeles to test for television roles. He signed with CAA (Creative Artists Agency) and started playing in movies.
Cruise appeared for the first time in a small part of the 1981 film “Endless Love“, followed by an important supporting role as a student of the military academy, which freaked out in Taps later in the year.
In 1983, Cruise was part of the cast of The Outsiders. The same year, he appeared in All the Right Moves and Risky Business, entitled “A Generation X classic, and a career-maker for Tom Cruise” who, along with Top Gun in 1986, consolidated his status. As a superstar, Cruise also played the male protagonist in the Ridley Scott Legend movie, released in 1985.
Tom Cruise Break Through
Cruise had his big breakthrough in 1986 when he had the role of ‘Lieutenant Pete’ in the action-drama film ‘Top Gun’.
The film is very successful and reinforces its reputation as a superstar. His series of success continued in the late 1980s with such films as “The Color of Money” (1986), “Cocktail” (1988) and “Born on the 4th of July” (1989).
He was also successful in 1996 playing Ethan Hunt in the spying and action movie Mission Impossible. The film was a great success and generated several sequels.
Tom Cruise Net Worth 2019
As of 2019, Tom Cruise’s net worth is $570 million.
Fifteen of Cruise’s films have raised more than $100 million in the United States, while 21 of his films have raised more than $200 million worldwide. In total, cruise films have raised more than $7.9 billion worldwide.
How Tom Cruise Makes his Money
Tom Cruise is also a competent producer and the Mission Impossible film series produced by his own company has been very successful at the box office. He won $100 million each from Mission Impossible II (2000) and War of the Worlds (2005).
Cruise pocketed $70 million from the movie Mission Impossible (1996). It is reported that he has won a total of $290 million from the four films in the Mission Impossible franchise.
Huge amounts of money were made possible by the actor’s signing of “profit sharing” contracts for the films. In fact, Cruise insists on getting a good percentage of a movie’s gross earnings before agreeing to act. It is estimated that Cruise earns an average of $60 million per movie.
Tom Cruise’s Movie Rates
- Vanilla Sky (2001) – $20 million + 30% shared income
- Knight and Day (2010) – $11 million + %
- Jack Reacher (2012) – $7.5 million
- Oblivion (2013) – $20 million
Tom Cruise’s Notable Investments
- A $35 million mansion in Beverly Hills
- A $30 million estate in Telluride, Colorado
- A condo apartment in New York City that is estimated to be worth $3 million
- Cruise spends $2 million per year for the security of his daughter Suri and ex-wife Katie Holmes.
- He pays $200,000 per year in Child Support for Suri after he separated with Katie.
- Cruise owns a Bughatti Veyron considered the world’s fastest car, and a Porsche 911 estimated to be worth $200,000.
- He also owns two private jets.
Tom Cruise Career Highlights
Here are some of the best highlights of Tom Cruise’s career:
- Top Gun (Movie, 1986)
- Cocktail (Movie, 1988)
- Interview With a Vampire (Movie, 1994)
- Jerry Maguire (Movie, 1996)
- Mission Impossible (Movie, 1996)
- Academy Awards (Best Actor in a Supporting Role, 2000) – Nominated
- The Last Samurai (Movie, 2003)
- Tropic Thunder (Movie, 2008)
- Knight and Day (Movie, 2010)
- Oblivion (Movie, 2013)
- Empire Awards (Legend Award, 2014) – Won
- American Made (Movie, 2017)
- All Def Movie Awards (2017) – Won
- Mission Impossible – Fallout (Movie, 2018)
Tom Cruise Famous Quotes
Here are different quotes by Tom Cruise, enjoy and share your favourite quote
- Nothing ends nicely, that’s why it ends. — Tom Cruise
- I disagree with people who think you learn more from getting beat up than you do from winning. —Tom Cruise
- I love kids. I was a kid myself, once. — Tom Cruise
- I always look for a challenge and something that’s different. — Tom Cruise
- When you have to cope with a lot of problems, you’re either going to sink or you’re going to swim. — Tom Cruise
- I’m passionate about learning. I’m passionate about life. — Tom Cruise
- Talk is over-rated as a means of settling disputes. — Tom Cruise
- I would live with all of my sisters if I could. We’ve always been very close, my sisters and me. — Tom Cruise
- I didn’t become an actor to have power, but it just happens that I have it and so I have a lot of opportunities. — Tom Cruise
- When you become successful in any type of life, there are people who are not contributing to the motion. — Tom Cruise
To end this write up on Tom Cruise net worth, Lifestyle, career and famous quotes, I will like to leave this with you “3 Precious Life Lessons To Learn From Tom Cruise”.
3 Precious Life Lessons To Learn From Tom Cruise
1. There is Always Room for Improvement
During an interview, this is what he says, “I have respect for what other people believe. What I believe in my own life is that it’s a search for how I can do things better, whether it’s being a better man or a better father or finding ways for myself to improve.”
The key to success in life is not only about hard work, but also about adaptability to the changes around you. Cruise did not get stuck. He constantly improves himself to adapt to what people want to see.
2. Focused on Your Goals and Dreams
It’s hard to stay focused when distractions are everywhere. Consistency and its approach have kept Cruise’s career afloat for the last ten years and are a good lesson on how to weather storms.
3. Stay Committed
One of Tom Cruise’s key lessons for success is his level of commitment to his work. Although he is already an extremely successful celebrity known around the world, he has never been late for a set and is still working as hard as he started his career. He says, “Here’s how I’ve lived my life: I’ve never been late to a set. I make films I believe in. I feel privileged to be able to do what I love.”
Let’s hear your take on this Tom Cruise Net worth, please use the comment box let’s interact.
Below are some of our recommended posts you can read alongside this Tom Cruise Net Worth 2019.