Apply now for the position of Assistant Technical Officer – Midwifery at Dikwa in the FHI 360 jobs recruitment exercise for 2020/2021.
If you are interested and eligible for this position, then go through this article to get full information about this job opening and application process.
We only publish verified and authentic information about available jobs and recruitment updates.
Subscribe to our Telegram Channel and Email newsletter to be among the first to get all updates about FHI 360 recruitments and other jobs.
FHI 360 Assistant Technical Officer – Midwifery Job Description and Application Details
Position Title: Assistant Technical Officer – Midwifery
Location: Dikwa LGA, Nigeria
Supervisor: Technical Officer, Health and Nutrition
Job Status: Full time
The basic function of FHI 360 Assistant Technical Officer – Midwifery
The Assistant Technical Officer, Midwifery will assist female patients in all stages of pregnancy, childbirth and post-delivery.
He/she will also provide antenatal and postnatal advice and support to women and their families.
Duties and responsibilities of FHI 360 ATO, Midwifery
- Works as part of a multidisciplinary team of staff to provide high-quality patient care to an extremely vulnerable population.
- Provides direct patient care and accompanies in the management of prenatal, antenatal, inpatient and follow-up care for women (including deliveries).
- Provides comprehensive sexual and reproductive health information and services including family planning counselling and services to prevent and treat malaria, tetanus, STI, HIV.
- Provides training and management in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission (PMTCT) of HIV
- Provides reproductive health services and counselling to adolescents in the prevention of teen pregnancy, the transmission of STI/HIV, and sexual violence-related injuries.
- Adheres to the relevant Code of conduct and ethics
- Participates in outreach and community health programs (as required)
- Participates in Continuing Professional Development (i.e. training, mentoring)
- Plans care of the patient in collaboration with the site doctor.
- Provision of direct nursing care i.e. Administration of IV medications, wound dressings, clinical observations etc.
- Maintains all reusable equipment by cleaning and sterilizing appropriately.
- Maintain adequate and correct records of patient care including consumables & instruments utilized(if any)
- Ensure high-quality maternal health services at all project sites.
- Works with technical support and M&E teams to collect appropriate baseline data over the life of the project
- Compiles and submits periodic reports
- Ensures adequate infection prevention and control measures are maintained at all times.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Attributes of this FHI 360 Job Position
- Ability and willingness to stay at the LGA is required.
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and accommodating when faced with difficult and frustrating working conditions like long distance walking to distribution sites.
- Excellent spoken and written Local and English languages.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Previous experience working in a clinical setting is an asset.
- Ability to prepare weekly and monthly program reports.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc. Nursing, Public health or other closely related field with 1-3 years relevant experience.
- Must be a Registered Nurse/Midwife
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Previous experience working in a humanitarian crisis is highly desirable.
Application Closing Date
The application closing date for the position of FHI 360 Assistant Technical Officer, Midwifery is Not Specified.
How to Apply for this job
If you have an interest in this job and you meet all the necessary criteria, then click on the link below to submit your application.
FHI 360 job recruitment disclaimer
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Why work with FHI 360?
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance.
Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
See other available positions in the ongoing FHI 360 job recruitment exercise.
Share this job opportunity with others by clicking on the social media buttons on the screen.
See Latest Job Updates Below
- How to Make Money as a Nigerian Student without Failing Academically
- How to Make Money on Instagram [10 Best Ways]
- Adker Plc is Recruiting Shipping Manager for a Multinational FMCG Company Based in Lagos
- Adker Plc is Recruiting Head of Sales for a Multinational FMCG Company Based in Lagos
- Adker Plc Recruiting Procurement Category Manager for Multinational FMCG Company
- 11 Best Online Research Studies Group to Make $200 Every Hour
- FHI 360 Jobs: Data Hub Specialist
- FHI 360 Jobs: Communications Specialist
- FHI 360 Jobs: Assistant Technical Officer, Nursing, Gamboru Ngala, Nigeria
- FHI 360 Jobs: Assistant Technical Officer, Primary Health Care, Dikwa, Nigeria
- FHI 360 Jobs: Assistant Technical Officer – Midwifery, Dikwa, Nigeria
- FHI 360 Jobs Now Recruiting in Nigeria