Are you looking for tools to help you manage workflow and collaborate with your team effectively? These free online project management software will help you boost your team productivity immediately.
There is a global shutdown at the moment because of COVID-19, but you still have pending projects to finish.
In as much as you need to stay alive, you also need to look for ways your business can survive this global crisis.
Managing multiple projects at once, delegating tasks, and collaborating across teams is difficult on a good day.
Things become even more difficult especially when your team has to start working remotely all of a sudden.
If you do not define the task that each member of your team has to do, you may begin to lag on many projects.
Statistics has it that 37% of projects fail due to the lack of defined project objectives and milestones.
When there is a lack of objectives, there will be miscommunication and inefficiencies in the project.
As a result, it will lead to confusion and stressful experiences for your employees.
This can go further to hinder your company’s ability to satisfy your clients’ needs or hit end-of-year goals.
Best free online project management software
To stay on your company’s goal and effectively work with and track the progress of your team members this period, you need an online project management software – whether free or premium.
Luckily for you, you may not need to make any extra expenses to start organizing your teams together.
There are plenty of free online project management software options you can start using right away.
Although some of them may need you to upgrade to use premium features, you can still create an online account without inputting your credit card.
Within minutes, you can start keeping your team on-track.
If you are ready, let’s see the top 10 workflow management tools available online.
Project.co is a project management software that brings teams together.
This software does not just bring your team together in one place, but your clients’ team, too.
In one centrally accessible place, you can communicate, share files, manage tasks, take payments and also record time.
A variety of different task and project views are available including calendar, scheduler as well as a Kanban view
This will give you the ideal overview of the work that’s happening within your team at any given time.
What are the features of Project.co project management software?
- With this free project management software, you can quickly add/invite both internal and external users
- Has discussion feed for each project – with email alerts (you can also reply to emails without logging in)
- Project.co provides a variety of task views. You can easily filter each view to give your whole team, each department, as well as individual users their daily/weekly task lists.
- In addition, the software has reporting tools that measure your most as well as least profitable or efficient projects
- The software also allows you to easily integrate payment solutions. As a result, you can securely take card payments through the system. Isn’t that amazing?
Is Project.co project management software free?
Project.co online project management software is free for up to five active projects and five internal users.
It also has paid option starting from $7 per user per month.
2. Toggl Plan
If you want something that is simple, beautiful, and yet effective, Toggl Plan is the sure bet.
Toggl Plan takes the stress out of project planning and people management.
This is an effective project management tool to automate your task delegation process.
It also helps you to visualize which project tasks have been completed, and which haven’t.
If your team often collaborates with other departments on projects, then this might be a useful tool for you.
What are the features of Toggl Plan project management tool?
- With Toggl Plan allows you to use colour codes to identify urgent tasks, clients a well as individual projects.
- It also uses Gantt-chart visualization to track important deadlines and projects
- The software provides seamless integrations with Slack, Github, Evernote, and others
- With Toggl Plan, you can share calendars and task notes thereby promoting team collaboration.
Is Toggl Plan project management tool free?
For 14 days, you can try Toggl plan premium features for free.
After that, you can continue with the free plan for small teams or upgrade to continue using premium features.
Toggle Plan project management software is free for an unlimited number of projects for up to five team members only.
Freedcamp is one project management software that promises you all the tools you need to be successful in one place.
Anyone can easily use this feature-rich project management tool for personal and professional purposes.
Each project has its own tasks, milestones, files, discussions, time, issue tracker and calendar.
The dashboard gives you a clear, concise overview of what’s going on in your team including activity, projects, and tasks.
What are the features of Freedcamp project management software?
- Easily stay on top of your task lists and stay in touch with what’s happening
- Message board style discussion feed, with the ability to create and carry out discussions on any topic
- This tool helps you keep your personal tasks private. As long as the task does not need to be public knowledge.
- Powerful calendar view laying out all upcoming events
- 3rd party integrations including Google Drive, Google Calendar, Dropbox and more
- With Freedcamp, you can easily track issues with your project
Is Freedcamp online project management tool free?
Interestingly, Freedcamp project management software is FREE forever.
Freedcamp gives unlimited storage for any number of projects to your whole team for free.
Paid plans are available with additional features, starting from $1.49 per user per month.
No matter when and where your team works, with Asana’s work management platform, your team can focus on their goals, projects, and tasks.
Asana is one of the most popular project management solutions used by millions of people across 192 countries.
It provides users with a clean and user-friendly interface.
With Asana, you can easily plan and structure work in a way that’s best for you.
You can also set priorities and deadlines, share details and assign tasks, all in one
What are the features of Asana project management software?
- Provides simple templates and allows you to create new ones to automate mundane tasks
- Asana helps will help you to collaborate and share information across your team, privately and securely
- It provides options to set security controls and designate admins
- Over 100 integrations for a more efficient start-to-finish process
- Custom project fields, share documents, and filter tasks
Is Asana Project management tool free?
Asana software is free for individuals or teams just getting started with project management.
It has paid plans starting at $10.99 per user per month.
Teamwork is a work and project management tool that helps teams improve collaboration, visibility, accountability and ultimately results.
This tool helps you to create team member status updates so your remote team members know their coworkers’ schedules.
It also provides customer service functions, including the option to assign tickets or view customer emails in one place.
What are the features of Teamwork project management software?
- Customizable navigation to prioritize your team’s needs
- Gantt chart for visualizing due dates and project timelines
- Private messaging, and option to make project details private
- Team member status updates for remote or flexible team members
Is Teamwork project management tool free?
Teamwork project management tool is free forever for up to five users and two projects.
You can try it first and upgrade later. You don’t need to input your credit card.
Paid plans start at $9 per user per month with up to 50 team members and 300 projects.
Wrike breaks down the barriers of remote work by enabling collaboration and centralizing communication.
This web app stands out as an exceptional project management tool for teams.
It gives teams the option to customize workflows, edit and revise projects from within the platform itself.
The tool offers the ability to colour code and layer calendars.
It also has its mobile version that allows colleagues to update project information on-the-go.
You can add comments to sections, videos, or documents, and create custom fields to export data most relevant to your company.
What are the features of Wrike project management tool?
- It has a strong security measure to ensure only personnel can access information
- Activity Stream to allow project managers to micromanage small tasks, see activities in chronological order, and tag team members
- Wrike gives the option to unfollow activities to declutter your own personal Stream
- Provides seamless email and calendar synchronization
- Has built-in editing and approval features
Is Wrike project management tool free?
Wrike project management tool is free for five team members.
Paid plans start at $9.80 per user per month with additional features.
Paymo is a work management platform that bundles task management, scheduling, time tracking & billing all in one place.
This software will help your team work better together to deliver projects on-time.
Paymo’s free version only allows access for one user, but if you’ve got a small team or you’re a freelancer, this could be an efficient option for tracking billable hours and invoicing clients.
Along with tracking finances, Paymo also allows you to organize project timelines, create to-do lists, and stay on top of your budgets for multiple projects at once.
What are the features of Paymo work management software?
- Kanban Boards
- Time Tracking
- File Sharing and Adobe CC Extension
- Three Invoices
Is Paymo work management app free?
Free for one user. Paid plans start at $11.95 per user per month.
Whether it is tasks, docs, chat, goals, & more, ClickUp brings all your work in one place.
ClickUp is a project management tool that allows you to customize it to suit your team members.
It provides the option for each user to choose one of three different ways to view their projects and tasks depending on individual preference.
If your marketing team overlaps with sales, design, or development, this is an effective solution, as it provides features for all of those four teams.
What are the features of ClickUp work management app?
- The ability to organize your projects based on priority, and assign tasks to groups
- The option to set goals to remind teams what they’re aiming to accomplish
- Google Calendar two-way sync
- An easy way to filter, search, sorting, and customize options for managing specific tasks
- Activity stream with mentions capability
- Image mockups
- 57 integrated apps
Is Click Up web management app free?
Free forever, with unlimited users limited features. Paid plans start at $5 per user per month.
Trello’s boards, lists, and cards enable you to organize and prioritize your projects in a fun, flexible, and rewarding way.
By simply dragging and dropping, this tool lets you move projects – personal, or professional – through workflow stages, all the way to completion.
You define what those stages are – whether it’s work project statuses like ‘On Hold,’ or personal project categories like ‘Things to buy!’ – with tasks represented as ‘cards.’
Each card can be given a name, assigned to an individual, given a due date – and have files, such as images, attached to it.
What are the features of Trello work management software?
- Templates for a range of different types of project, from business to education through to personal productivity.
- Ability to add attachments such as images to any card on any board.
- Customise your workflow stages to reflect your actual process.
- Simple drag-and-drop movement of cards through workflow stages.
Is Trello project management software free?
Free forever for unlimited personal boards, cards and lists – with 10 team boards. Paid plans start at $9.99 per user per month.
Todoist is a task manager you can trust for life.
It is a simple but powerful tool that lets you create powerful, interactive to-do lists.
You can add priority levels to To-do items and assign people in your team to each task.
It also has a premium customisable reminder that helps team members remember their tasks.
Actionable items can also be categorised into different projects, making a simple, easily understandable structure where each ‘list’ has a title (project name) and a series of actions.
This all makes it an extremely flexible, customisable tool to get work done.
What are the features of Todoist project management software?
- Template lists to inspire and guide you.
- Recurring due dates for regularly recurring tasks.
- Productivity visualisations and ‘Karma’ points for completed tasks and streaks!
- Labels, notifications and discussion feed to keep you organised.
Is Todoist project management software free?
Todoist project management software is free, with an upgrade to premium.
The premium version provides extra features available from $3 per user per month.
Which of these project management tools are you going to start using immediately?
Leave a comment and don’t forget to share this post on social media!